FRIEND OF THE COURT DEPUTY FRIEND OF THE COURT
Kristy L. Bray Thomas L. Edwards
FRIEND OF THE COURT
The Friend of the Court is part of the 35th Judicial Circuit Court-- Family Division and is responsible for enforcing the Court's orders regarding custody, parenting time and child support. The Friend of the Court Office has the following statutory duties:
The Friend of the Court (FOC) was created by statute (MCL 552.501) to serve as the enforcement and investigative arm of the Circuit Court Family Division. FOC employees are court employees. With over 4,700 cases, the FOC is tasked with the following duties:
- Enforcement of child support orders
- Enforcement of custody and parenting time orders
- Review the amount of child support consistent with the Michigan Child Support Formula Manual
- Investigate custody and parenting time issues and make written reports outlining recommendations to the Court
- Provide mediation services for custody, parenting time, and child support issues
The FOC is required by law to open a case whenever a domestic relations case is filed that involves a minor child (this includes divorce cases, paternity cases, family support cases, and certain interstate cases), unless the parties appropriately "opt out" by court order as provided by statute.
(Click the PayNearMe Button above to be linked to the MiSDU website)
January 2017 Michigan Child Support Formula Manual
January 2017 Michigan Child Support Formula Supplement
If you require special accommodations to use the court because of a disability and need auxiliary aids, or if you require a foreign language interpreter to help you fully participate in court proceedings, please contact the court immediately to make arrangements.
When contacting the court, please provide your case number(s) every time.