Arrears Management Program
REDUCE OR ELIMINATE YOUR STATE CHILD SUPPORT ARREARS!!
The Shiawassee County Friend of Court is excited to offer you participation in the State’s Arrears Management Program intended to help you reduce your State owed child support arrearages. The three facets of the program are described below. If you are interested in participating or learning more, please contact your child support enforcement worker for more information.
- A payment of $1000 or more will be matched dollar-for-dollar in credit toward State arrears.
- If you owe less than $1000 in State arrears, you can pay equal to the amount you owe to pay toward the other parent and the State will eliminate their arrears.
- If you owe only State arrears AND less than $1000, you can pay ½ and the other ½ will be eliminated.
- If you pay ½ of ALL arrears on your case, 100% of State arrears will be credited.
Arrears REDUCED (Arrears Reduced/Discharged Under Circumstances of Extreme Difficulty)
- For payers experiencing an extreme hardship
- Unemployable due to disability, criminal history, etc.
- Currently receiving SSI or SSD
- You have custody of the children on your case
- You can show that medical bills are causing a financial hardship
- Up to 100% of eligible State arrears could be eliminated